- 3 tbsp. Fresh Harvest Garlic infused olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Harvest Cayenne fused olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 6 oz. andouille sausage, sliced
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 (15-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 c. long grain rice
2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large, heavy pot over medium heat, heat oil to a shimmer. Add onion and bell peppers and season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes, then stir in chicken and season with salt, pepper, and oregano. Cook until the chicken is golden, about 5 minutes, then stir in andouille sausage and tomato paste and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Add chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, rice, and Old Bay. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover with a tight-fitting lid, and cook until the rice is tender, and the liquid is almost absorbed for about 20 minutes. Add more broth if needed and cook until rice is just soft.
- Add the shrimp and cook until pink, 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in green onions just before serving or garnish on top. Drizzle with Cayenne fused olive oil if desired, for more spice.