- ½ cup (8 tablespoons) soft butter
- ½ cup organic sugar
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Harvest Lemon Fused Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup organic almond flour (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups organic All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup pastry cream mix prepared according to package instructions. (Great alternate option: make rich pudding filling by preparing one 3.4-ounce box of instant vanilla pudding with heavy cream, instead of milk, and adding 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract.)
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 pint strawberries (optional)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup clear juice: apple, cranberry, cranberry variation, etc.
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Harvest Balsamic (your favorite flavor)
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- To make the crust: Beat together the butter, sugar, flavorings, and salt.
- Whisk together the flour and almond flour (if you’re using it), and mix into the butter. The mixture will be crumbly.
- Press the crust into the bottom and up sides of a 9″ to 10″ round tart pan or pie dish. Use a fork to prick the dough all over. Freeze for 30 minutes (or longer), covered. Just before baking, preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake the crust for 20 to 22 minutes, until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare the filling, and spread it into cooled crust.
- Top with raspberries and blueberries, and serve immediately.
- If you’re not going to serve the tart immediately, add a glaze to keep the fruit fresh. Use a tart glaze spray, or the following.
- To make the glaze: Mix the brown sugar into the juice. Soften the gelatin in the juice for 5 minutes or so, then heat in the microwave or over low heat until the gelatin dissolves. Let cool to lukewarm.
- Brush some of the glaze over the fruit.
- Yield: 9″ tart, 8 to 10 servings.