Creamy, cheesy, smoky with a hint of spice, these puffs can be served as a side dish or an appetizer. A real crowd pleaser!
- One-pound Russet potatoes (about 3 large potatoes)
- ½ cup cream or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Harvest Baklouti Green Chili olive oil
- 1/3 cup Fresh Harvest Organic Smoked olive oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup bacon bits
- ¼ cups chives or green onion, chopped fine
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded fine
- ¼ tsp. salt and pepper (to taste)
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Wash potatoes and cut into 1-2” chunks. Bring a pan of salted water to boil and add potatoes. Cook until fork-tender but still firm, about 10-15 minutes. Drain water. Add cream or sour cream, salt and pepper, olive oils, and salt/pepper to potatoes then mash until the consistency is rich and creamy. Let cool for 10-15 minutes.
Combine mashed potatoes, beaten eggs, cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and chives. Mix well.
Grease a standard muffin pan (use more of our Smoked olive oil if possible, which gives a great flavor) and mound a spoonful of potato mixture into each cup. You can use different sizes of muffin pans but will need to adjust the baking time accordingly.
Sprinkle each cup with a bit of parmesan cheese.
Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. If using convection or non-standard-sized muffin pans, adjust time accordingly.
Cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Optional: top with a dash of sour cream and chive.
Leave A Comment