Keep in mind the vast majority of the EVOO you buy in the US is imported and not regulated by the FDA. 70% of the imported EVOO in this country is actually Canola Oil! So either buy from a reputable dealer like Fresh Harvest or buy domestic (California or Texas). Because the health benefits of Canola are NIL! This diet only works with high polyphenol and real EVOO. But indeed, fat can burn fat.
Find out more by clicking the link below!
By Rachel Bradley
Panzanella Salad is a comfort food from Italy that sounds fancy….but it’s actually just a wonderful salad with bread. This is a summer dish as plump, vine ripened tomatoes are the star of the show. Using Fresh Harvest Ultra-Premium makes this dish epic!
* 1 sweet or sour baguette (torn in to pieces)
* 2 pounds sweet, juicy heirloom tomatoes, diced 1″
* 1/2 cup pitted olives, your choice on variety
* 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
* 1/4 cup torn flat leaf parsley leaves
* 8 oz. mozzarella fresca (you guessed it… torn)
* 1/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino or Parmesan cheese
*2 tablespoons Fresh Harvest UP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 1/3 cup Fresh Harvest UP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 3 tablespoons Fresh Harvest Oregano White Balsamic
* 1 teaspoon flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
* 2 garlic cloves super finely minced
* fresh ground pepper and salt to taste
Preheat the grill or your broiler. Toss the torn bread with EVOO, and either grill it until nicely browned on the edges and crisp, or place on a sheet pan and broil until well toasted.
Arrange the bread on a nice platter or in a large bowl.
Make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together well in a large bowl. Add the cut tomatoes and gently toss with the dressing. Spoon the tomatoes and their juice mixed with the dressing lovingly over the top of the toasted bread.
Scatter mozzarella, olives, parsley, and basil leaves over the top of the tomatoes. Just before serving top with grated Pecorino, salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately while the bread has a crunch.