- 1 cup organic white or whole wheat flour
- 1 cup organic ground yellow cornmeal
- 2 tbsps. powdered buttermilk
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 tbsps. of your favorite local honey
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 farm fresh egg
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp. Fresh Harvest Mushroom & Sage olive oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup sliced jalapenos (fresh or canned)
- ¾ cup your favorite cheddar cheese
Directions: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Brush a non-stick 12 count standard muffin pan (wells only) with a total of 1 tsp Fresh Harvest Mushroom & Sage olive oil to coat lightly. (use more if needed).
In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cornmeal, buttermilk powder, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients: egg, honey, mushroom & sage olive oil and almond milk. After whisking, pour into dry mixture. Mix with a wooden spoon until well mixed, but do not over-mix. Add the grated cheese and stir enough to mix lightly.
Fill greased muffin wells by about half. Place jalapeno slices on top of muffin batter and push down slightly.
Bake 10-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Serve hot with real butter or our high-antioxidant EVOO! Pour more of our mushroom & sage olive oil or butter olive oil after cooking the muffins for an extra kick.
These keep well in the fridge and warm up well too.