Easy. Homemade. Super DELICIOUS! These are an amazing side for salads, soups, stews and beans.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Use 1 tbsp. Fresh Harvest butter olive oil to lightly grease baking pan. Use a cookie sheet style pan.
- Combine flour, cheddar cheese, baking powder, salt, and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Combine milk, 4 tablespoons Fresh Harvest butter olive oil and 4 tablespoons Fresh Harvest Baklouti Green Chili olive oil and egg in a separate bowl. Mix into the flour mixture until chunky smooth; be careful not to over-mix. Stir in Parsley. Mix in more milk for consistency, if needed.
- Drop batter by spoon onto the prepared baking sheet. About 8-10 biscuits.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Brush 2 tablespoons of our butter on the tops and continue baking until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes more until fully cooked.
This low-carb version of the classic Shepherd’s Pie recipe replaces mashed potatoes with cauliflower. We used organic, canned veggies to make it a time saver. (This is a paleo, grain-free and dairy-free alternative)
- 1 med/large cauliflower, cut into florets
- ¼ cup Fresh Harvest Tuscan Herb olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¼ cup Fresh Harvest garlic olive oil
- ¼ cup Fresh Harvest Traditional or Fig balsamic
- 1 pound organic ground beef or lamb
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can organic green beans (drained)
- 1 can organic corn (drained)
- 1 can organic peas and carrots (drained)
- 1 can dice tomatoes with garlic and onion (drained)
- 6 oz(1 pack) shredded Swiss cheese(omit for Paleo)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a large casserole dish with your favorite Fresh Harvest olive oil and set aside.
- In a large pot, steam or boil cauliflower until very tender. Mash with the ¼ cup garlic olive oil. Add more if needed for a smooth consistency. Stir in shredded Swiss cheese.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, brown the ground meat and chop until fine. Drain fat. Add onion, canned tomatoes (drained), ¼ cup Fresh Harvest balsamic, and ¼ cup Fresh Harvest Tuscan Herb olive oil, stir well and cook until onions are translucent. Reduce heat to med/low and add canned corn, green beans, and peas and carrots (all drained). Cook while stirring occasionally until most liquid is reduced. The balsamic will make it thick.
- Ladle the meat/veggie mix into the pan and spread evenly. Carefully spoon and spread the mashed cauliflower over the top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until lightly browned. Serve immediately. Keeps well in the fridge too!
This hummus makes a healthy addition to any diet (even low carb) because it’s packed with fiber and vitamins that contribute to your overall well-being.
- 1 butternut squash
- 1-14 oz. can chickpeas (reserve some liquid)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Harvest extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for butternut squash (mild or medium EVOO)
- 1 teaspoon paprika, more for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Juice of one fresh lemon
- (optional) Drizzle with a Fresh Harvest olive oil to serve, use extra-virgin, fused or infused. For this recipe we recommend our Milanese Gremolata or our olive wood Smoked Olive Oil.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel the butternut squash and cut in half. Rub with our olive oil and a sprinkling of sea salt.
- Roast on a baking sheet for 35 minutes, turning halfway. Allow to cool completely. (Can be done in advance and kept in fridge).
- Add all ingredients into a food processor or blender. Process until smooth and creamy. Add some of the chickpea liquid to the hummus one tablespoon at a time as needed to help make the hummus creamier.
- Put the hummus in a bowl and top with our extra virgin olive oil (lots of options). Chill well.
- Serve with baby carrots, cucumber slices, raw veggies, naan bread, crackers or pita chips.
More at www.FreshHarvest.co (not dot com)