Moist with crispy corners. Fudgy and delicious!
- 6 tablespoons Fresh Harvest mild and fruity extra-virgin olive oil, plus more to grease pan. You can also use our Blood Orange or Mandarin olive oil.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 3 ounces melted unsweetened chocolate
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup mini or regular chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon, as needed
Heat oven to 350 degrees, and grease an 8-by-8-inch square baking dish with some of the olive oil. Line pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on 2 sides so you can pull the brownies out easily.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking powder.
In a large bowl, whisk together cocoa powder and boiling water until smooth. Whisk in 6 tablespoons olive oil, melted chocolate, egg and vanilla.
Whisk in brown and granulated sugars, then fold in flour mixture, then chocolate chips. Scrape into prepared pan, and bake until set and firm to the touch, 20 to 25 minutes.
Immediately sprinkle brownies with flaky salt while still warm, and let cool. Cut into 16 squares and serve.
The brownies will last, covered at room temperature, for up to 5 days, and can be frozen for up to 1 month.
This is a fun way to serve your holiday Dressing! Use non-stick muffin or Bundt cake pans to bake the dressing, garnish and serve. Delicious!
- 1 package (12 oz) Seasoned Stuffing Croutons
(Or, here is a recipe to make your own.)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tsp Fresh Harvest Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste (optional)
- 2/3 cup finely chopped yellow or white onion
- 2/3 cup finely chopped celery stalks
- ½ pound sweet Italian sausage (casing removed)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ½ – 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large skillet brown sausage and crumble it into small pieces as it cooks. When done, drain and set aside.
In the same skillet add ½ cup Fresh Harvest Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil, celery, onion and garlic. Sauté on medium heat until onion is just turning translucent (about 5 min.) Add cooked, crumbled sausage, apple and dried cranberries. Mix well.
In a very large bowl add beaten eggs and chicken broth. Mix well with a whisk. Next add the skillet mixture above and stir until well mixed. Finally add the stuffing croutons and stir LIGHTLY to incorporate mixture with the croutons, being careful not to crush them. This mixture should be very wet, but not runny. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir again. If too dry add more chicken broth. If too runny, add more croutons.
Now the fun part! Brush the remaining 1 tsp Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil into muffin pans or a Bundt Cake pan. (Then I usually spray the pan with non-stick spray thoroughly or I use more olive oil if needed to really lubricate the non-stick pan because you don’t want this to stick!) Pack the stuffing mixture into the wells of the pans.
For the large muffin pan, bake for 20-25 minutes.
For the Bundt Cake pan, bake 30-40 minutes.
Dressing should be well browned. Let stand for at least 5-10 minutes before releasing from pan. Garnish with chopped Parsley (optional) and serve. This will keep well in the fridge.
Easy. Homemade. Super DELICIOUS! These are an amazing side for salads, soups, stews and beans.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Use 1 tbsp. Fresh Harvest butter olive oil to lightly grease baking pan. Use a cookie sheet style pan.
- Combine flour, cheddar cheese, baking powder, salt, and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Combine milk, 4 tablespoons Fresh Harvest butter olive oil and 4 tablespoons Fresh Harvest Baklouti Green Chili olive oil and egg in a separate bowl. Mix into the flour mixture until chunky smooth; be careful not to over-mix. Stir in Parsley. Mix in more milk for consistency, if needed.
- Drop batter by spoon onto the prepared baking sheet. About 8-10 biscuits.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Brush 2 tablespoons of our butter on the tops and continue baking until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes more until fully cooked.
Easy. Fast. Healthy. Delicious. This recipe uses half the sugar of other recipes. Created by Susan Douglass, Fresh Harvest Tasting Guide!
Peel, then mash bananas in a large bowl. Add all ingredients except flour. Mix well. Fold in the flour until incorporated.
Use the butter infused olive oil to coat two standard bread pans.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes – 1 hour.
Allow to cool before serving.
Want an easy and tasty recipe for amazing Focaccia bread? This is a super easy, super fast homemade bread that is delicious and will impress your family.
By Sheila Reese of “Born to Cook Inspired”
- 1 ½ c. warm water…not above 110°
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons dry yeast (instant or active dry work)
- 4 Tablespoons Fresh Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus additional for greasing skillet
- 4 c. all purpose flour plus additional ½ cup for board, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Fresh Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon dry Italian herb blend or 2 teaspoons minced fresh herbs of choice, like Thyme or Rosemary
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (or Kosher salt)
In a large mixing bowl (I recommend a stand mixer), place water and sugar then sprinkle yeast over the water and whisk lightly to combine. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes until bubbly.
With mixer on low speed (using paddle attachment) add 2 cups of flour and salt. Mix until combined. Add Olive Oil. Add remaining flour and continue to mix on low until the dough begins to pull away from sides of bowl.
Place a large bowl of very hot water on counter. Place a cooling rack over the bowl for your proofing station. Grease the skillet generously with Olive Oil.
Place dough on a lightly floured surface and fold the dough a few times until it feels smooth and shape into a ball. Roll and press the dough to fit skillet, stretching up the skillet sides. Place skillet containing dough on the rack over the hot water and cover with a dish cloth. Allow to rest for 25-30 minutes.
Preheat oven 425°.
After rising 25 minutes, use index finger and make dimples in the dough. Sprinkle dry herbs or fresh herbs over the dough. Pour the ¼ c. of Olive Oil over the dented dough. Place the dough in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and add remaining ¼ cup of Olive Oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
Allow to rest 5 minutes before cutting.
- 1 cup organic white or whole wheat flour
- 1 cup organic ground yellow cornmeal
- 2 tbsps. powdered buttermilk
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 tbsps. of your favorite local honey
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 farm fresh egg
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp. Fresh Harvest Mushroom & Sage olive oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup sliced jalapenos (fresh or canned)
- ¾ cup your favorite cheddar cheese
Directions: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Brush a non-stick 12 count standard muffin pan (wells only) with a total of 1 tsp Fresh Harvest Mushroom & Sage olive oil to coat lightly. (use more if needed).
In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cornmeal, buttermilk powder, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients: egg, honey, mushroom & sage olive oil and almond milk. After whisking, pour into dry mixture. Mix with a wooden spoon until well mixed, but do not over-mix. Add the grated cheese and stir enough to mix lightly.
Fill greased muffin wells by about half. Place jalapeno slices on top of muffin batter and push down slightly.
Bake 10-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Serve hot with real butter or our high-antioxidant EVOO! Pour more of our mushroom & sage olive oil or butter olive oil after cooking the muffins for an extra kick.
These keep well in the fridge and warm up well too.
A Fresh Harvest version of a classic Greek desert!
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup + 2 tsps. Fresh Harvest Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps. lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- ¼ cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup whole milk
- Powdered sugar for dusting
Directions: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Brush a 9-by-2-inch round cake pan with 2 tsps. Fresh Harvest Lemon Olive Oil making sure to coat the pan thoroughly (use more if needed). In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to combine. Set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs, sugar, olive oil, and lemon zest on medium-high speed until pale yellow and thickened, about 3 minutes. With the mixer running on low, slowly add the milk, followed by the lemon juice, mixing until incorporated. Add the flour mixture 1/2 at a time, mixing on low after each addition, until just combined. Take care not to over-mix. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until golden brown and a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Cool the cake for 15-20 minutes, turn out onto a cake plate rounded side up, and using a fine-mesh sieve, dust the top with powdered sugar. Slice and serve.
By Rachel Bradley
Warm, spicy, ever so cheesy, and savory, this cornbread is delicious by itself of accompanied by a steamy bowl of soup.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Fresh Harvest Baklouti Olive Oil
- 8 ounces sharp grated Cheddar, 2 ounces reserved
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions, +2 tablespoons reserved
- 2 tablespoons (1 small pepper) seeded finely diced fresh Anaheim pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 9″inch baking pan (optional: with a small amount of the Baklouti Olive Oil).
Combine the flour, cornmeal, honey, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the milk, eggs, and Baklouti Olive Oil. With a wooden spoon, stir the wet ingredients into the dry. Mix in the grated Cheddar, scallions and Anaheim peppers.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top, and sprinkle with the reserved grated Cheddar and extra chopped scallions. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool and cut into large squares. Serve warm or at room temperature.
By Rachel Bradley
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup finely grated zucchini
- 1 cup finely grated carrot
- 1/2 cup Fresh Harvest toasted almond oil
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Harvest honey ginger white balsamic
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Grease a 9-inch-by-5-inch loaf pan with toasted almond oil.
Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, allspice, and cloves and baking soda in a large bowl. Whisk well and set aside.
In a separate bowl stir combine the almond oil, brown sugar, eggs, molasses, ginger and whisk well. Add the carrot and zucchini. Add the flour mixture in three parts alternating with the hot water in three additions, beating until flour is just incorporated. Pour into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
Whisk the powdered sugar with the honey ginger white balsamic and drizzle over the cooled gingerbread.