This fresh cranberry sauce is the bomb! Made with dark rum and balsamic. We use honey to help sweeten without too much processed sugar. Try different flavors of our balsamic for a different taste!
- 1 package (12 ounce) whole, fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup your favorite, authentic honey
- ¼ cup Fresh Harvest Raspberry Balsamic
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup good quality dark rum
- 1 beautiful orange, zest and juice
- Rinse off fresh cranberries, drain and put into saucepan.
- Zest and juice the beautiful orange.
- Add all ingredients to berries and stir well.
- Bring mixture to a boil and stir well. Reduce heat to low. Cover loosely and let simmer on low for 30 minutes or more.
- You want all the cranberries to ‘pop’ and the mixture will eventually thicken.
- Stir frequently and stir well.
- When mixture is nice and thick, and the berries have all ‘popped’ take off heat and let cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to bowl for serving, or chill. It is best when chilled and will thicken more in the refrigerator.
Note: if all the berries don’t ‘pop’, that is fine. You can use a spoon to crush them or leave them whole for a chunkier sauce. If sauce gets too thick, add a bit more water. This can simmer for quite a while and will get thicker and better as it cooks.
This recipe is amazing, low-glycemic, easy and extremely tasty!
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 10-15 minutes over low-ish heat, stirring frequently – make sure to turn on vent fan. The sauce needs to reduce by at least 1/3rd (or to the consistency you prefer). It’ll thicken more when cooling. Taste along the way – adjust seasonings as you like. It will get more spicy as it reduces, so start with less heat and work your way up. (optional: blend the ingredients together with a stick blender or in a Ninja prior to cooking it down.)(optional: mix ingredients in a blender prior to reducing). This BBQ sauce will keep several weeks sealed tight in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup Fresh Harvest Garlic Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 anchovies
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Combine egg yolk, lemon juice, anchovies, Worcestershire sauce and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese in the in a blender jar or container of a food processor and pulse to combine. With the processor running slowly drizzle in the garlic olive oil until a smooth emulsion forms. Season to taste generously with salt and pepper.
Miso is a traditional Japanese seasoning produced by fermenting soybeans with salt and koji and rice, barley, or other ingredients. It produces a rich, deep flavor and our balsamic and olive oils pair with it wonderfully. You can find Miso in the refrigerated section of a quality grocery store, or at natural food stores.
Whisk all the ingredients in a medium sized bowl until, smooth, thickened and slightly emulsified or place in blender and process until smooth. Makes approximately 1/2 cup – keep under refrigeration for up to 1 week.
This is a delicious pesto which you can use as a spread, tamponade, on pasta, etc. You won’t want to heat this, but serve room/temp or chilled or on hot pasta.
- 8 oz. Fresh Chèvre Goat Cheese
- 1/4 cup Fresh Harvest Garlic olive oil
- 1 cup washed and dried fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Harvest Premium White Balsamic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or add salt to taste)
Place the ingredients inside the bowl of a food processor or blender and process until creamy and smooth in consistency. Serve with bread, crackers, pita, vegetables, or as a lovely sauce for pasta or dressing for pasta salad. Adjust seasoning and store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Peanut butter is a pantry staple. If you have kids or dogs, chances are you have a few jars stashed in the cupboard. What many people don’t know is that the average jar of peanut butter contains loads of dangerous hydrogenated fats, sodium and sugar. The following recipe was developed using our fresh, high antioxidant extra virgin olive. This recipe is yummy, simple and nutritious!
-2 Cups roasted, unsalted peanuts
–1/4 cup Fresh Harvest MILD intensity Extra Virgin Olive Oil
The peanuts you use will make a huge difference in the recipe. Look for FRESH, high quality, roasted and unsalted peanuts. Our favorite is Virginia peanuts which can be purchased online, or in Eureka we have a fabulous nut store.
Place the peanuts in the jar of your blender or food processor. Pour the olive oil over the peanuts and wait 30 seconds until the oil flows to the bottom of the jar.
Turn the blender/food processor on high. Process until the desired level of creaminess or up to two minutes for super creamy peanut butter.
It may be necessary to turn of the blender a few times and scrape down the sides of the blender jar. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.
Makes 1 1/2 cups natural peanut butter!
by Rachel Bradley
Ingredients for the Brine (for each 1-quart jar)
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cups Fresh Harvest Oregano Balsamic
- 6 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 Bay leaf, torn
For the Vegetables (for each 1-quart jar)
- 6 young spring carrots, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 2 thickly sliced shallots
- 6-8 whole dried red chilies (depending on how hot you like it)
In a medium saucepan bring 4 cups water to a boil reduce the heat so the water simmers and add the garlic. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the vinegar and salt, raise the heat, and bring to a boil, stirring until the salt dissolves. Remove from the heat.
In clean 1-quart jars with screw top lids, divide the seeds and peppercorns between the jars. Place 5 cloves in each jar and then pack the jars full of carrots, cauliflower and chilies. Bring the brine back to a boil, pour it over the vegetables to cover completely, let cool, then cover and refrigerate. The pickles will taste good in just a few hours, better after a couple of days. And they’ll keep for about 2 months under refrigeration.
By Troy Johnson
Aioli is basically seasoned mayonnaise. This spicy version is delicious on just about anything. Our Harissa Olive Oil is infused with chili peppers and spices (like cumin and coriander). Serve with burgers, chicken or fish. Can be used as a dip or condiment. It’s awesome on French Fries or fresh veggie sticks.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Harvest Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic
- 1 1/4 cups Fresh Harvest Harissa Olive Oil
Bring all ingredients to room temperature. This is very important to get the proper consistency.
In a bowl or the container provided with your immersion blender, combine the garlic, lemon juice, balsamic, salt, and egg yolks. Place the immersion blender in the bowl and process in short pulses until smooth. With the motor running, add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream and process until smooth and blended. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer the aioli to a small bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
By Troy Johnson
This salad dressing is based on the fantastic Esperanza Dressing from the Mellow Mushroom restaurant (a fabulous pizzeria famous in the South). If you’ve never been to a Mellow Mushroom restaurant, it’s definitely wonderful. Use this dressing for salads and anything else to dip!
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup Fresh Harvest Premium White Balsamic
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 sprigs (about ¼ cup) fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup Fresh Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a blender or food processor and process until creamy and smooth. Adjust seasoning as desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve on salads or with Pita bread, veggies, etc. Also a great dip for pizza!
This mixture will keep refrigerated for up to 4-5 days.
By Rachel Bradley
There are very few ingredients required to make hummus. In light of this, it’s imperative that the handful of ingredients used be of the highest quality available especially where the olive oil is concerned. This, and only this, is the secret to amazing hummus. Using Fresh Harvest EVOO makes a HUGE difference in the quality of the Hummus. You can use store bought or homemade Roasted Red Peppers, but Fresh Harvest does carry the Delizia brand of the best Roasted Red Peppers I’ve ever found.
- 1 jar Delizia Roasted Red Peppers, drained (Please note we sell this amazing brand of Red Peppers at Fresh Harvest and at our website)
- 2 – 15 oz. cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Fresh Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil of your choice or any infused olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, or to taste
Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until creamy and smooth. Adjust seasoning as desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve and drizzle more fresh olive oil over the top if desired.
Serve with Pita bread, carrots, celery, broccoli, zucchini sticks or nearly any veggie.