A delicious Holiday treat!
- 5 oz Sky Pear Vodka
- 1 oz MerletCreme de Poire (easily ordered at your favorite liquor store or comparable Pear Liqueur)
- ½ oz Fresh Harvest Cranberry Pear Balsamic
- 1 oz Cranberry Juice
- Cranberry Sugar (optional)
Rim martini glass with Pear Liqueur and cranberry sugar before serving. Pour ingredients into a cocktail shaker over ice, shake and strain glass.
A fun, terrific cocktail that will impress your friends!
Directions: Muddle mint leaves, lime peel, raspberries, and balsamic together in a shaker. Fill the shaker with ice and add the rum; cover and shake until chilled. Pour entire contents of shaker into a Collins glass and top with club soda.
Vinegar has a way of both infusing and pulling out the flavor from ingredients which are steeped in it. This maceration process is simple and delightfully tasty. It’s also a healthy alternative to store bought sweetened drinks. With Spring’s abundance of produce, use your imagination to create delightful combinations of seasonal fresh fruits, vegetables, berries, and vinegar to make all manner of mixers and spritzers.
- 2 cups of Fresh Harvest Grapefruit White Balsamic (or your choice of their awesome white balsamic)
- 1 small English cucumber thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 lemon thinly sliced
- Seltzer water or sparkling water (no sodium added)
- A shot or two of your favorite vodka or gin (optional)
In a one liter Mason jar or small pitcher add the sliced cucumber and lemon. Pour the grapefruit balsamic over the cucumber and lemon and refrigerate for at least one hour or up to four hours. The longer it sits, the more pronounced the flavor of the fruit infusion. Strain and keep refrigerated and tightly covered for up to two months.
To serve, add 1-2 tablespoons or more of the Shrub mixture (depending on your preference for sweetness) to 8 oz. of chilled sparkling water. Or serve over ice if desired.
(Optional alcohol recipe: use a few tablespoons to flavor a vodka or gin martini, or mix in a few shots of vodka or gin into the finished sparkler to add a kick.)
This recipe makes between 16-32 servings depending on amount added to water or cocktails.