This is a delicious raw salad! If you want to make it meatless, simply substitute dried cranberries for the bacon, or leave the bacon out.
- 2 Heads of fresh Broccoli
- ¾ cup Golden Raisins
- 1 package (1/2 pound) quality Bacon (sliced into bite size pieces and fried. Or, you can also use pre-cooked bacon pieces/bits such as Hormel)
- ½ red onion – diced
- ¾ cup Slivered Almonds – unsalted
- ¾ cup Mayo (homemade is best)
- 6 tbls of Fresh Harvest Traditional 18 yo Balsamic
- 1 tsp sugar
1) Wash and dry Broccoli. Carefully cut the broccoli into very small florets. You should end up with attractive small, bite size pieces.
2) Add Broccoli, Bacon, Raisins, Onion and ½ cup of the Almonds to a bowl and mix well.
3) In a separate bowl mix together the Mayo, Fresh Harvest Balsamic and Sugar until well blended. If it needs more Balsamic, add it now.
4) Pour Balsamic Mayo mixture over the Broccoli mixture and gently toss until well mixed.
5) Add the remaining Almonds to the top as garnish.
6) Serve immediately or chill for later. Enjoy!
If you can get really good quality Ahi Tuna, then try this recipe!
Ahi Tuna Marinade
- 6 cups organic mixed spring greens
- 1 medium English cucumber cut into 1′” dice
- 1 large avocado
Spicy Baklouti Miso Dressing
- 4 cups cooked quinoa cooled to room temperature
- Pickled ginger (optional)
- 4 small squares of roasted dried seaweed snacks (nori) cut up for garnish (optional)
Prepare 4 cups cooked quinoa set aside and allow to fully cool to room temperature. Prepare the tuna marinade by placing all marinade ingredients into a medium bowl and whisking. Add cut up tuna and toss to coat. Refrigerate tuna while preparing the rest of the recipe or up to 20 minutes.
Make the Miso Dressing by adding all dressing ingredients to the bowl of a blender or food processor. Process on high until the mixture is fully blended and creamy. Set aside.
Just before serving, in a large bowl toss 6 cups of mixed greens with 4-6 tablespoons of miso dressing. Compose the bowl by adding 1 cup of cooked quinoa to the bottom of each bowl. Add a mound of dressed mixed greens to the top of the quinoa. Divide the cut up avocado and cucumber to each salad. Place equal portions of the tuna on top of the greens. Place cut up nori strips atop salads and serve immediately.
Serves up to 4 people as a light meal or 6 as a small salad.
By Sheila Reese
- 1 lb. Sliced Brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped pistachios
- ¼ cup Dried cranberries
- ¼ cup Freshly Grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons coarse, ground Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup Fresh Harvest Champagne Wine Vinegar
- ¼ cup Fresh Harvest Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt or Fleur de Sel
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Shallots
- 2 teaspoons Sumac
- ½ cup Fresh Harvest Extra Premium Olive Oil
In a bowl, whisk together brown mustard, Fresh Harvest Champagne Wine Vinegar, Fresh Harvest Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar, salt, shallots, and sumac. Whisk in olive oil. Store covered in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. (All dressing may not be necessary).
Wash Brussels sprouts thoroughly. Holding in a bowl of cool tap water, 10-15 minutes helps hydrate. Using sharp knife, hold stem end and cut cross wise into slices. Toss sliced Brussels sprouts with dressing. Add dried cranberries, chopped pistachios, and grated Parmesan. Any leftovers can be refrigerated and stored in a covered container.
By Rachel Bradley
- 2 cups Bulgur
- 1/2 cup Fresh Harvest Dill Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Fresh Harvest A-Premium White Balsamic
- Juice and zest of one large lemon
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can or cup of garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 large English cucumber finely diced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 red onion finely minced
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta (optional)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Soak the Bulgur in very hot water (enough to cover the bulgur by 1″) along with a tablespoon of salt for 30 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water until completely cooled and drained. Fluff and set aside.
Combine all the other ingredients (except the feta) and mix well.
Marinate these ingredients for up to an hour in the refrigerator.
In a large bowl, combine the completely drained and cooled bulgur with the marinated ingredients, tossing well to combine and sprinkle with feta if using. Add salt/pepper to taste and serve.
Serves 4 as a main course or 6 as a side
By Troy Johnson
This is a super easy recipe. Fun to make. Fun to eat! And you can add or replace different ingredients to make seasonal variations.
- 1 ripe Mango (peeled, pitted & diced into small cubes)
- 1 med Jalapeño Pepper (de-seeded and finely chopped)
- 1 small cucumber (diced into small cubes)
- 1 small Red Bell Pepper (de-seeded and finely chopped)
- 4-5 Tbsps. Fresh Cilantro (finely chopped)
- 4-5 Green Onions (chopped finely)
- 4 Tbsps. Fresh Harvest Jalapeño Balsamic
Mix together all ingredients and toss with Jalapeño Balsamic. Serve immediately. Keeps well for several days in fridge.