- 3 lbs. boneless chicken thighs cut into 2″ pieces
- 3 large onions finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon whole mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 5 curry leaves (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Garam Masala spice blend
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Harvest Baklouti Chili Fused Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Harvest Honey Ginger White Balsamic
- 1/2 cup chicken stock – low sodium
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 thinly sliced Serrano chilies – optional
Heat Baklouti oil in a large heavy bottom Dutch oven over medium flame. Add the mustard seed, cardamom, cumin seeds to pot. Stir until fragrant and the seeds begin to pop. Add curry leaves if using. Add finely chopped onions and cook until well browned, about 7-10 minutes
Add the ginger, Garam Masala, turmeric and garlic olive oil to the pot stirring well until combined. Add chicken to the pot with tomatoes, stock, a cup of water, and honey ginger white balsamic. Add salt and pepper and allow to simmer gently for 30 minutes until the curry has reduced and thickened a bit.
Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Serve over steamed basmati rice with cilantro and thinly sliced serrano chilies as garnish.