The classic Italian salad with the quintessential Italian vinaigrette.
This one is a winner! If you want a show stopper Caprese, this is it.
- 4 large fresh tomatoes (or 12-14 cherry tomatoes)
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Harvest Mild/Medium Extra virgin olive oil (You can also substitute one of our infused oils, such as Tuscan Herb, etc)
- Dash of Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons of Fresh Harvest Traditional Balsamic vinegar (or a flavored Balsamic as well)
- 14 leaves of Fresh Basil (sliced)
- 1 package of Fresh mozzarella cheese; packed in water
- Slice tomatoes. Arrange around perimeter of plate.
- Slice mozzarella into silver dollars and place on each tomato, or half moon slices and place between tomatoes. Top with a sprig of basil.
- Mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a cruet or with a whisk in a measuring cup. Pour over tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste.