These big meatballs are baked, not fried. And they taste more like beef than turkey! This recipe makes about 15-18 meatballs (family-style and great for freezing), but you can cut the recipe in half to make less.
- 2 lbs. Ground Turkey (1 lb. white / 1 lb. dark)
- 6-8 garlic cloves – minced (minced)
- 1 small white onion (minced)
- 1 green bell pepper (minced)
- 1 red bell pepper (minced)
- 1 tbsp. ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Panko Italian or plain (bread crumbs)
- ¼ cup Fresh Harvest Tuscan Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Fresh Harvest Traditional Balsamic
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 2 tbsp Greek Freak or Italian seasoning
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, garlic, ground pepper, onion and bell peppers. Mix well.
Whisk the Tuscan Olive Oil and Traditional Balsamic in a measuring cup and add to the turkey mixture. Mix well. Add ground pepper and herbs. Mix well. Then add breadcrumbs and cheese. Mix well.
Brush the bottom of a 10” x 12” (or larger) baking dish (or try using nonstick, medium-sized muffin pans) with a bit of Tuscan Herb olive oil so the meatballs won’t stick. Next, wet your clean hands with cold water. This will keep the meatballs from sticking to your fingers!
Form meatballs by hand (about 2” x 2” or so each) and place in baking dish so that they don’t touch each other too closely. This recipe makes about 20-22 larger sized meatballs. Bake uncovered in the center of your oven for about 45 minutes or until done. Remove from oven and allow the meatballs to rest for 5 minutes.
Serve meatballs with pasta and one of our marinara sauces, or with sauce on a sandwich. (PS. they freeze well).