A wonderful item for your brunch menu! Use farm fresh eggs and our heart healthy olive oil for a nutritious meal anytime. Also try with different wholegrain breads!
- 8 slices of bread (1/2″ thick slices)
- 8 large eggs (preferably organic and free range)
- 1/2 cup olive oil of choice – any Fresh Harvest EVOO or try mushroom and sage, butter, gremolata, (plus, add a few drops of our truffle oil for a luxurious experience)
- Fresh ground pepper (optional) to taste
- A few pinches of fine sea salt (to taste)
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Adjust a rack to the middle of the oven.
Line a large rimmed baking with parchment paper. Arrange the bread slices on the baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, liberally coat each slice of bread on both sides with the Fresh Harvest olive oil of your choice. Using a cookie cutter, or other round cutter, cut out a hole (approximately 2 1/2″ in diameter) in the center of each slice of bread. Crack an egg into each hole. Season the bread and eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
Bake for 10 minutes – or until bread is lightly toasted and eggs are set, but the yolk is still a little runny. (For well done eggs with a solid yolk, cook for 12 minutes). Serve immediately.