This pasta has an interesting legacy. Google it for fun. Regardless of the provenance, this pasta recipe is amazing and will please nearly any palate. This recipe is our Fresh Harvest version of a classic. Don’t be scared of the anchovies, they melt into the sauce and add the salt needed to round out this amazingly easy and tasty dish. It’s not ‘fishy’ tasting. For low carb seekers just use spaghetti squash or spiraled zucchini as noodles.
- 1/3rd cup Fresh Harvest Tuscan Herb olive oil
- 3-4 large cloves garlic, sliced thin or minced
- 1 2-oz can anchovy fillets, oil packed (drained)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more)
- 1 6-oz can organic tomato paste
- 1 pint plum Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1 14-oz can whole San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted and halved Kalamata olives
- 1-4oz jar Capers (rinsed well and drained)
- 1/3rdcup Fresh Harvest Traditional balsamic
- 1 pound spaghetti, linguine or other pasta
- Optional (1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese)
- Optional (1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley)
In a large nonstick skillet heat olive oil, garlic, anchovies and red pepper flakes to medium. Let ingredients sizzle for a bit until melted together while stirring. Next add the halved tomatoes. Stir and cook down tomatoes slightly. As everything melts together gently add tomato paste. Stir well, then add canned tomatoes and balsamic, bring to a bit of a boil, reduce heat to low and stir. Using a spoon break up the whole tomatoes and cook for 5-10 minutes or more on low. Add the capers and parsley. Stir and let simmer.
(Cook the pasta per directions) In a large bowl pour the sauce over the cooked pasta and toss. Top with grated cheese if desired. Enjoy!
Eat healthy. Eat delicious.