A delicious, easy and healthy recipe from Fresh Harvest!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp fresh minced rosemary
- 3-4 tbsp. Fresh Harvest Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
Wash and dry chicken. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and rosemary. Cook in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 6-7 minutes on each side until browned nicely and completely done. Serve with Balsamic Corn Quinoa.
Balsamic Corn Quinoa
- ¾ cup uncooked red quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups water
- 4 shallots or 2 small onions, quartered
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Harvest UP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 4 cups shredded greens (such as chard, spinach, etc)
- ¼ cup torn basil leaves
- ¼ cup torn mint leaves (optional)
- 4 tablespoons Fresh Harvest Lemon Balsamic (You can also use our Jalapeno, Lemongrass Mint, Peach, Apricot, etc)
Cook Quinoa according to directions, or use our recipe. You want to cook about ¾ cup to 1 cup of Quinoa.
(Bring quinoa, salt, and water to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until tender; drain. Cover and let stand 15 minutes. It should absorb all the liquid. If not, drain before adding to mix.)
Meanwhile, sauté shallots in hot olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat 3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add fresh, sweet corn kernels and shredded greens; cook 3-5 minutes or just until greens are wilted. Add quinoa, basil, mint, and Fresh Harvest balsamic. Toss. Serve.
This is best warm, but can be refrigerated and re-heated or served cold for left overs.