This is a positively delicious and easy recipe!
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and shredded
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans white beans
- 4 tablespoons Fresh Harvest Cilantro & Roasted Onion olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium Jalapeño pepper, deseeded and minced
- 2 medium Poblano peppers, deseeded and hopped
- 1/3 cup Fresh Harvest Key Lime White Balsamic
- 2 teaspoons Oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can white corn, drained
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh Cilantro, chopped (optional for topping)
- Sour cream (optional for topping)
- Fresh Jalapeno slices (optional for topping)
- Tortilla chips, crumbled (optional for topping)
Drain and rinse the canned white beans. In a medium bowl, mash halfof the beans with a potato masher until chunky. Reserve beans until needed.
Add the Cilantro and Roasted Onion olive oil to a large Dutch oven and heat it over medium heat until shimmering. Add peppers, onion, and garlic and sauté until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
Add the cumin, coriander, oregano and chili powder and continue to sauté for 1 more minute to toast the spices. Stir in the chicken stock and lime balsamic bring to a simmer. Add the beans and continue to simmer for 20 more minutes.
Stir in the shredded rotisserie chicken, cheese and corn. Salt and Pepper to taste. Stirring frequently, simmer until heated through, about 5-10 more minutes. Serve the chili in individual bowls topped with a dollop of sour cream, chopped Cilantro, freshly Jalapeño slices and tortilla chips.