This is a delicious raw salad! If you want to make it meatless, simply substitute dried cranberries for the bacon, or leave the bacon out.
- 2 Heads of fresh Broccoli
- ¾ cup Golden Raisins
- 1 package (1/2 pound) quality Bacon (sliced into bite size pieces and fried. Or, you can also use pre-cooked bacon pieces/bits such as Hormel)
- ½ red onion – diced
- ¾ cup Slivered Almonds – unsalted
- ¾ cup Mayo (homemade is best)
- 6 tbls of Fresh Harvest Traditional 18 yo Balsamic
- 1 tsp sugar
1) Wash and dry Broccoli. Carefully cut the broccoli into very small florets. You should end up with attractive small, bite size pieces.
2) Add Broccoli, Bacon, Raisins, Onion and ½ cup of the Almonds to a bowl and mix well.
3) In a separate bowl mix together the Mayo, Fresh Harvest Balsamic and Sugar until well blended. If it needs more Balsamic, add it now.
4) Pour Balsamic Mayo mixture over the Broccoli mixture and gently toss until well mixed.
5) Add the remaining Almonds to the top as garnish.
6) Serve immediately or chill for later. Enjoy!